Monday, March 14, 2016

I can't believe how long it is since my last post, things have been very busy around here.   The last few weeks have included both math and reading tasks.  Today I am sharing some of the math tasks I have made over the last few weeks.

Our system adopted a new math program a few years ago, but most schools kept the old manipulative kits just in case they were needed for something later.  I rescued some of those manipulatives...

A puzzle with a few pieces missing

A puzzle with most of the pieces missing.  The pieces were shaded in order to help the students figure out which pieces went where.

Colored squares with letters on them for name building.  Each classmate's name is in a bag with the corresponding cubes.

A multi-functional task.  A ziplock bag holds the additional cards to differentiate for specific skills. {I used overhead coins & blank printer labels so they would be easier to read}

Geoboards & loom bands to match upper & lower case letters.  {We used loom bands for students who have more limited dexterity.  Rubber bands could be used to provide more resistance}

I hope this helps you come up with some of your own ways to repurpose old math manipulatives.


No comments:

Post a Comment